The lodge and its uniqueness
Swellendam Country Lodge is proud to be officially accredited as a four-star Guest House by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa. The guest house is conveniently located just off the R60 road, a beautiful provincial route. The characteristic manor house dates from the 1800’s and still has its distinctive historic features. The lodge has a unique setting in a large beautiful lush and exotic garden full of fruit trees. The various kinds of birds that the garden attracts will amaze you! The large swimming pool with sundeck complete with sun loungers and umbrellas is located privately in the back of the garden. You will also find a boules-court on the property to be enjoyed exclusively by guests.
Our 6 quality garden rooms are situated in separate buildings amidst the garden and all breathe a warm and stylish atmosphere with natural tones.
As owners, we take great pride in adding a personal touch to your stay. Your breakfast is exclusively made for you by Jan, our early-morning-chef. He will prepare everything fresh for you and will use as much ingredients from the garden as possible. Our homemade compotes and jams will surely delight your taste buds! Occasionally Vivianne might have baked some of her delicious muffins or cookies for you to have with your coffee. In Summer, you will enjoy your breakfast outside on the veranda of the house overlooking the garden. In Winter, breakfast will be served inside the house near the fireplace.
A perfect country getaway!
The lodge’s facilities
• Large secluded swimming pool with sundeck complete with sun loungers and umbrellas (pool towels available)
• Park-like garden with many birds, trees and flowers
• Reception and information desk
• 24/7 owner-managed
• Boules-court (boule balls provided)
• Free and out-of-sight parking on the property
• Free and Fast Wi-Fi
• Credit card facilities (Visa, Mastercard)
The Lodge’s Unique Features
• Small scale guest house offering highly guest-oriented service (owner-managed)
• Large park-like garden of almost 6000 m2, with a wide range of birds, trees, fruit and flowers
• All rooms are in separate buildings in the garden and have private patios overlooking the garden
• A unique, generous breakfast is served on the veranda of the manor house overlooking the garden, or served inside the elegant manor house near the fireplace in winter
• Various home-made products like compotes and jams
• Quality restaurants and local bars in the town nearby
• Large secluded swimming pool with sun deck
• English, Afrikaans, Dutch spoken